Original email for context: I tried the HCG diet 2 years ago and lost 50 pounds. I gained it back and have tried to get on back on the diet several times and I keep failing. I don’t know what it is? Am I forgetting how the diet works? I think I am expecting a miracle….and I want the pounds to shed but I haven’t been able to stick to it. I just give up…. Have you ever met anyone that this has happened to?
So sorry to hear that you are feeling bad and struggling. And yes, I meet ladies all the time who struggle with this, and I struggled with this at one point in my journey to.
I have a number of articles on my blog that are just for helping ladies to think about the mental/emotional aspect of things, since as you mentioned, at some point for a lot of this, that is what is stopping us from making progress on hCG – I will link to these in case it helps.
But you are definitely not alone.
One other thing I’ll mention too is I read an excellent book that kind of puts human in 4 different main personality buckets when it comes to how each of us naturally responds to expectations (which affects how we go about successfully achieving goals), and when you read the book, depending on which personality you think you have, there are tactics you can utilize to work with how you are naturally wired to make success much more likely.
I REALLY think there is something to this because I know myself I respond a certain way to certain types of interaction and one way will really help me to achieve something, and another approach will make it very very difficult.
So I highly recommend these 2 books:
- 1st read: Better Than Before – What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits–to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life
- 2nd read: The Four Tendencies – The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People’s Lives Better, Too)
Here are my “Struggling on hCG” Posts that are aimed and helping uncover why motivation gets lost and how to get it back and how to adjust our thinking about certain aspect of the diet and weight loss:
Struggling Emotionally and Mentally:
- 6 Reasons This Diet Is Hard – What You Need to Know
- Reason 1: It’s Harder Than You Think – How to Be Prepared for This
- Reason 2: Check Those Expectations – Being Unrealistic Leads to Unhappiness Leads to Cheating or Quitting
- Reason 3: Why Deeper Reasons for Weight Loss Are Needed
- Reasons 4: Adapting Your Reasons for Weight Loss
- Reason 5: Emotional Issues with Food and Eating
- Failed or Failing Rounds of hCG Can Be Health Related
- Are You Addicted to Sugar?
- Beating Sugar Addiction on the hCG Diet – My 6 Step Process
Renew Your Resolve On This Diet:
- How hCG Has Changed the Lives of 11 Other hCGers – Hear from Them
- What Keeps hCGer’s Motivated – Part 1
- What Keeps hCGer’s Motivated- Part 2
- Watch Interviews of hCG Success Stories
Ultimately it can take some time to be ready to do this diet again. For me (I guess I’m one of those people who learns the hard way sometimes), I had to completely fail and strike out my 2nd round of hCG in order to realize to myself that I really did care about losing that weight and was able to renew my resolve after that.
I hope this helps you find your way!