Original email for context: I read that you did a round without fruits and I’d like to try this. My question is, when subbing veggies for fruit, can I have a different veggie during my meal or should I just have a bigger portion of one veggie?
Hello! I’ll give a few things to consider.
- Check out my hCG post that details my experience without fruits on hCG here.
- When I did hCG without fruits, what I substituted in it’s place was actually fat free greek yogurt (with stevia to make it a treat! You could also freeze it yum….). I ate about a 60 calorie portion for each fruit serving I replaced.
- If you wanted to replace the fruit with more vegetables, I would so the same as far shoot to replace with about 50-60 calories worth of P2 vegetables per 1 fruit serving you replace. This is because each fruit serving is about 60 calories usually.
- Re can you have different vegetables within 1 meal or only 1 vegetable – I have a discussion on that here: Mixing Vegetables on hCG. My personal thought is that it’s fine to do, as long as you keeping track of the calories.
- We lots of yummy P2 recipes for veggies, and more options if you are doing AP (alternate protocol) that allows a wider variety of vegetables.
I hope that helps!