Original email for context: It is very hard for me to drink plain water or lemon water. I know its not protocol, but will it really hurt if I use crystal light in my water? It has no sugar.
Many people do utilize various water flavorers on P2 without trouble. Like you said, the main thing is that it contain no sugar, and in that respect, Crystal Light is okay. That said, the sweetener in Crystal Light is Aspartame, and the overall ingredient profile is just not very good compared to other newer choices that seem healthier (for example the dyes and maltodextrin in them).
So you probably can in moderation, but I’ll also share with you a few newer items out that many use with less harmful ingredients:
1. Stur water flavor enhancers – sweetened with stevia and colored with natural veggies/fruits. A couple of my favs:
- Fruit Punch Flavor – 5 pack. This is my favorite flavor.
- Grape Acai flavor – 5 pack. My also most favorite flavor.
- 5 Bottle Variety Pack
2. LaCroix: Another fun idea is to use LaCroix flavored carbonated waters with the stur flavors to make your own super tasty sodas:
3. Liquid Stevia flavors – even for a person not used to stevia, I feel like the the liquid flavored stevias would be hard to not like. Here’s few of my favs:
- Grape liquid stevia
- Chocolate liquid stevia
- Watermelon liquid stevia
- 5 Variety Pack – cheaper smaller bottles – Caramel, Chocolate, Vanilla, Coconut, Plain
I just want to show you a quick comparison of the type of ingredients in Crystal light vs the Stur Flavors:
Here is the Stur Ingredient label- do you see how it’s just overall much better ingredients?